Saturday 18 May 2013

Green Grabber

Inspired by the description of a Holmesian D&D monster over at the always interesting Zenopus Archives, I decided to do a quick scribble of how it might look...


Maybe mine looks a tad overactive in the tentacle department and perhaps needs to look less solidly anchored, but hopefully you get the general idea.

As you might have gathered from my previous posts about redesigning the Otyugh (i.e. here and here), odd-looking dungeon-dwelling beasties are something I enjoy scribbling. The Green Grabber reminds me of a (as yet unamed) creature I need to draw. This also spends it's time waiting for unwary victims to wander into it's clutches, but is an insect rather than plant-like thing...

3 comments:

  1. Great work, Jerry. Thanks much for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice! Now, how about a pic in the flowering season? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wish is my command... ;-)

    ReplyDelete